Today, inclusivity and accessibility are necessities. For commercial buildings, this means adhering to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines, which extend to features as seemingly minor yet crucial as door handles. In this article, we’ll go over why ADA-compliant door handles are so vital.
- Legal Requirements. Non-compliance with ADA regulations has legal repercussions. ADA-compliant door handles are operable with one hand and don’t need tight grasping or wrist twisting.
- Inclusivity and Accessibility. An inclusive environment ensures that all individuals can access and navigate your building regardless of their physical capabilities. ADA-compliant door handles are designed to be easily used by individuals with disabilities.
- Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty. Customer satisfaction often leads to repeat business and positive reviews. By making it easier for all customers to navigate your building, you enhance their overall experience, which can lead to increased customer loyalty.
- Brand Image and Reputation. Your commitment to accessibility reflects your brand’s image and reputation. Installing ADA-compliant door handles sends a strong message about your brand’s commitment to inclusivity and social responsibility.
- Future-Proofing Your Business. As societal awareness of inclusivity grows, future regulations will likely become even more stringent. Investing in ADA-compliant door handles can save you from future retrofitting costs and legal complications.
The importance of ADA-compliant door handles in commercial buildings extends far beyond legal requirements. Understanding and implementing these guidelines contributes to a more equitable society. At Coastal Contract Hardware, we have served businesses in the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina area for almost 20 years. Contact us for the latest options if you need to update your door handles.