If you’re planning an upgrade to your office doors for any reason, you’ll want to make sure you have some idea of what to choose as you look through the available options. For example:
- Do you need fire-proof doors?
- Do they have the appropriate commercial door hardware?
- What do the doors have that will prevent theft?
If you aren’t entirely sure where to start with your office door selection, here are a few good tips to get you started.
- Consider the Entry- The type of office door you choose may depend greatly on the type of entry you are outfitting. For example, your private office door might be an entirely different choice than an office door to a storage area. Considering the type of entryway you need to add a door to will help you determine the level of security that you need built into the door.
- Security is Key- Speaking of security, all office doors in your building, no matter how many you have, should have commercial-grade security construction. That includes fire-proof cores, a sturdy frame, and tamper-proof commercial door hardware that will provide additional protection in the event of a break-in.
- Entry Add-Ons- Office doors themselves can come with a variety of features, but the other thing to think about is the additional add-ons that you’ll want installed. For example, you’ll want to make sure you coordinate your office doors with your access control system, as well as any keyed entry points. The right combination of doors and hardware add-ons will give you greater peace of mind.
If you need guidance choosing office doors or commercial door hardware, contact us at Coastal Contract Hardware today.